Monday, November 29, 2010

Lynne Spears Talks About Learning Of Jamie Lynn's Pregnancy At 16

In addition to discussing daughter Britney's disintegration, Lynne Spears also opened up on Wednesday's Today show about daughter Jamie Lynn getting pregnant at 16. Lynne recalled how she was planning to go out for lunch when Jamie Lynn called and told her to come home.

At home, Lynne found her daughter's boyfriend, Casey Aldridge, who avoided eye contact. Jamie Lynn then handed her mother a note and told her to go into her bedroom to read it. "It said she was pregnant and everything was going to be OK. She was going to raise it," Lynne told Meredith Vieira. "I thought it was a joke I was waiting for the punch line," Lynne added. "I was in shock. I think I was just truly in shock, and then I started to cry. And she started consoling me at that point."

Lynne -- who sold the story to OK! for $1 million -- added that she blamed herself for her children's personal dramas. "As a mother, don’t we always blame ourselves?" she said. "I took a lot of the blame. I took all the blame. The personality I have, it's always my fault."

Lynne told Al Roker in a later segment, "A mother is as happy as her most unhappy child. You kind of gravitate toward the one who needs you the most at that time ... It's a balancing act. Maybe I haven't done it as best as I could, but all I ever tell you is I tried." Referencing her book Through the Storm, Roker asked, "Are you through the storm?" "Oh, yes," Lynne said. "We’re through the storm and we're looking at the sunshine right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...