Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Priyanka sets out to make a difference

The beauty is truly going good… Besides giving good work on screens, Priyanka Chopra is making good impressions on the social side as well.

The Desi Gal is reported to have been crowned as UNICEF's National Ambassador. The actress has been chosen as the new face to promote child and adolescence rights. A press conference was in New Delhi on Tuesday where an agreement between the actor and UNICEF was signed.

Quoted Priyanka at the meet, "I am elated to lend voice to an issue I strongly believe in. I have visited slums and traveled in the heart of villages to understand the problems of child education, malnutrition during my association with the UNICEF in past two years.”

The charming actress later even added, “I hope that by lending my voice, I can make a difference to the lives of India's young.”

With this Priyanka has entered the list of celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan and Sharmila Tagore, who are also associated with UNICEF, for the same cause.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...